Air Compressor Filters
Air leaving a compressor normally has a high-water content as well as some oil carry over, and to remove these impurities, filters will need to be added to the compressed air system.
Compressed air filtration is particularly crucial in industries such as food and beverage, medical and pharmaceutical.
The filtration process of compressed air ensures that all contaminates are removed after compression has taken place. Air leaving a compressor normally has a high water content, as well as some oil carry-over as well as other various contaminants.
Depending on the format of the compressor, a varying level of filtration will be required.
Depending on the application for the compressed air, different filtration levels are required
- Compressed intake filters remove over 80% of particulate contaminants to 0.3 micron.
- Particulate filters are used to remove dust and particles from the air.
- Coalescing filters oil, water aerosols, dust and dirt particles to 0.01 micron.
- Activated carbon filters remove odours and vapours.
- Bacteria filters remove bacteria.
For more information on our range of air compressor filters and compressed air systems, contact us here. We are happy to advise you on the most suitable products for your applications.